My name is Hamish.
This is my online journal.

contact: hamishtenex at gmail.com

Saturday 9 May 2009

We Are All Waiting

Ruminating on this: "We Are All Waiting."

And yes, we are all waiting for something.

I had been waiting for something to happen to me. I needed a good reason to quit my job but all I did was sit around and wait for things to get so bad that I would eventually have to retaliate. That's right, I bring the fight to me, bitch.

A few days ago I decided to do what I wanted to do.

But the process is this: I recieve a leaflet with trees on the front. Inside are lots of details on what my psychotherapist education will be like. It relies heavily on peaceful imagery and warns that I shouldn't take the course if I have been diagnosed with mental illness "(e.g. schizophrenia)"... I'm not schizophrenic (or so the voices tell me) but like every great artist I have bouts of terrible depression. I lied about this to get on the course. This was ill advised as it will all reach the surface at some point anyway.

It's going to take a long three years to do this and I have to continue working at the same time anyway because I'm poor, so that big question for me is why the fuck do I want to be a psychotherapistso much anyway?

The obvious answer is that I desire to have a kind of scarey power over other people. This is in fact the truthful answer.

But I can't write that on my application...

2 comments:

teigan said...

Based on my considerable experience with psychotherapy I can't say I personally approve of your choice - but it's good that you're going into it with open eyes.

I think most psychotherapists tell themselves a bunch of deluded bullshit about helping people, and such

Hamish said...

Agreed.

I often wonder if the whole course is a con.

This was a pretty whiney and angsty blog post. I'm trying to phase that out but I have to get it out of my system first.

I cringe while I write nowadays.

Post a Comment