My name is Hamish.
This is my online journal.

contact: hamishtenex at gmail.com

Thursday 17 September 2009

Things Omitted From My Journal



Most mornings, I will wake up and awkwardly avoid the glare of my dream journal; its bare pages guilting me all the way to the shower.

These days, I'm supposed to keep a dream journal. The problem is this: as much as I want to keep a dream journal; I want to keep secrets too.

The dates in my dream journal go like this:
  • June 2nd
  • June 3rd
  • June 4th
  • September 17th
For the space in between, I constantly dreamt of a girl who was not my girlfriend. As if it wasn't enough to keep her out of my waking thoughts, she's invaded my dreams too. I can't blame the girl though, she never asked to be dreamt of.

So what was I supposed to do? My girlfriend always read my journal and I, god forbid, could not be honest about it. The regularity of dreams from which she was not a character were never frequent enough to justify keeping the journal, but I still have to keep it, I'm not allowed to not keep it.

Heavily edited versions of dreams will have to be produced.

Things omitted from my dream journal, September 17th 2009:

"...this was the place that I met her."
"...the only friend who also knew about the girl."
"...to meet the girl again."
"...I knew the way, because this is where we had sat and kissed for hours."

And you can see the predicament. Obviously, these things could not be included.

Heavily edited... It is the only solution!

2 comments:

wortwut said...

Your girlfriend clearly doesn't read your blog.

Hamish said...

I doubt there's room for that kind of honesty.

Post a Comment